MAKES 2 CUPS
PREP: 5 minutes
This beloved Ranch Replacement Dressing is my brilliant mom Ellen’s recipe. She came up with this ranch alternative (that’s more delicious and sophisticated than the classic—and dairy/gluten-free) that pairs perfectly with any salad, and even works as a great dipping sauce for a bowl of turkey meatballs and roasted veggies. It will thicken up a bit in the fridge, but it is a thinner dressing than what you expect from traditional ranch. We like it this way, but if you prefer a thicker dressing, just add a bit more mayo and seasoning.
- 1 cup avocado mayo (my fav is from Primal Kitchen)
- 1 cup[ unsweetened almond milk (MALK is my favorite for this)
- 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 heaping teaspoon of each: dried tarragon, dried parsley, dried dill, garlic powder, onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- Add in wet ingredients to blender or bowl.
- Add in dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Mix by blending or by whisking together.
- Pour the contents into a squeeze bottle and refrigerate. It’s good for about 7-10 days, and the flavor will intensify overtime-just make sure to shake before using!