Today’s note comes from the kitchen of the CEO
A martini recipe? On a wellness website? From a wellness founder/CEO? You betcha, babes. This classic recipe is served straight up with a twist – just how I like it.
One of the most important aspects of my everyday life is striking that balance between work and then what happens before or after. I can only work well if I’m allowed to live freely as well, and so celebrating the time off that I have actually helps me operate at Love Wellness on a higher level. In a nutshell, I’ve learned that burnout is very real and if you don’t mitigate it by letting yourself play, your work will suffer.
With that in mind let’s get back to my Killer (get it?! We make amazing boric acid suppositories under the name ‘The Killer’ because why wouldn’t you want to have a little fun when making innovation for vaginal yeast balance) Martini that you can easily make at home with just a few ingredients. You probably already have them on-hand. I prefer my martinis to be vodka-based (gin gives me really bizarro dreams) and served straight up (meaning stirred with ice and then poured into a glass) with a twist (a small piece of rind from a lemon). I find this version to be easily drinkable and a bit lighter than a martini made with olives and olive juice (aka “dirty”).
What You’ll Need:
- 2.5 ounces vodka
- .5 ounces dry vermouth
- Small piece of lemon rind (wash the lemon)
What To Do:
- Fill a large glass with ice cubes. Add the vodka and vermouth and stir constantly for a minute until very, very cold.
- Pour liquid out of the glass through a strainer to catch the ice, into your martini glass (you can chill the glass in the freezer ahead of time if you like).
- Garnish with your lemon rind.
- Say “I deserve this” out loud and enjoy.
More to come,
Founder/CEO of Love Wellness