Journaling is one of the most useful and recommended tools for relieving stress, decreasing anxiety and depression, reflecting on your daily activities, and keeping accountability throughout your life. There are many studies and researches done on journaling and how it helps with mental health. One of them found beneficial journaling for anxiety and depression-related problems. And journaling can also be helpful for you to decrease mental health issues like ADHD, Depression, Anxiety, etc., and leading you to live a happy and healthy life.
It is an effortless technique to increase your mental health, and your writing skills will also increase. And the best thing is, you don’t have to think about your writing skills. Everyone can find benefit from it and change their lives.
There are many forms of journaling that need more time to explain. You will find the right one for yourself by searching the internet. You can find best-guided journals for anxiety and depression and maintain on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis, and check whether you are improving or not. Also, you can write when you are under stress or feeling depressed.
Most people maintain journals and write diaries during their childhood to write everything they thought. But, when they become adults, they forget to write because of work pressure and daily life responsibilities. It is the best time to regenerate that habit again with the best-guided journals for mental health. Keep reading these blog posts to know how to journal for anxiety and depression.
Benefits of journaling for mental health
Maintaining a daily journal is beneficial for your mental health and helps decrease anxiety and stress. Suppose you are in a mental state that you are finding yourself very angry about your relationship and are about to react abusively. But, your abusive behavior may end up ruining your relationship with your partner. So, you have to do something to release your anger.
With a stress and anxiety journal, you can express your anger with words in your secret diary, which everyone cannot read. Let’s figure out the benefits in an organized manner.
- You can figure out everything about your life and be sorted out. We often feel problematic to act perfectly in every situation and take the right decision for ourselves. By keeping a stress and anxiety journal, you can write about every aspect of your life and make it easier to find out the right thing for you to do.
- Reflecting on your daily habits with journaling, you can easily find out the triggers responsible for your bad practices like watching Netflix for too long, procrastinating, etc. After this, you can change the way of your habits and change them with good habits like book reading, exercising, etc.
- You can manage your regular to-do list with your daily journal. By doing that, you can increase the chance of fully utilizing your every day. It will give you a sense of achievement in life.
- You can track your mood, emotions, and how you feel every time with just a little pocket notebook and a pen. You can be aware of your emotions and feelings by maintaining this habit, which will change the way you see the world.
It is possible to achieve many benefits by writing a page every day. And, you can also notice some positive changes in your habits. When you have some problems and are depressed, practicing journaling for stress and anxiety can help you identify what’s causing that stress or tension and find a cure. Once you’ve figured out your triggers behind stress, you can work on a plan to reduce the problems and eliminate your stress.
journaling for beginners
If you are new to journaling and don’t know much about it, we will help you introduce it to yourself.
What you need is just a diary and a pen. You can also buy a journal diary. You can make a journal diary with a blank notebook if you are a creative person. You have the freedom to choose any materials for journaling.
1. Write every day
You may not be very familiar with writing. Don’t worry, write for five minutes a day. But, the main thing is to maintain discipline.
2. Make your writings easy
You may have questions about what to write. Just write anything that comes to your mind, that maybe you are cursing someone or feeling grateful for someone. You can also note how you have spent your day journaling.
3. You can also draw
There is a popular form of journaling, which is bullet journaling. In this, you have to express your thoughts through drawing and calligraphy. This type of journal is a little tricky for beginners. But with practice, you can write or draw easily.
Things to follow with journaling
With practicing journaling for anxiety and depression, you have to maintain other good habits to get a long-term and effective result. Those things are –
- Exercising daily ( at least walking for 20 minutes at a good pace)
- Meditating daily for 10 minutes. You can increase your time with practice.
- Eating good quality food with a balanced diet
- Getting 7 to 8 hours of sleep
You can create a different journal for yourself with a to-do list to ensure you are not avoiding these habits.
So, that’s all on how to journal for anxiety and depression. Journaling can help you through situations where you need to control anxiety and stress in your life. If you can start journaling and maintain discipline, you can benefit from it. Comment down how you are going to use journaling to get rid of anxiety and stress